Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Year the Second

Year: 
2013

Most read:
Return Your Angers, 6/20 (45 reads)
Adulthood? 10/16 (12 reads)

Policies/Current Events Addressed: 
Religion (5/29, Simply Amazing)

Personal Events: 
First novel sent to and refused by a publisher, August 23 2013 ("No")

My favorites: 

Remember how I said that I usually end up quitting a project after a while?  This was the year that I nearly did.  I continued my strong consistency in my blog writing through January of 2013, and then the gaps between posts stretch sometimes to two months.  I distinctly remember someone asking me, during one of those gaps, why I didn’t write in my blog anymore.  Whoever it was I’m grateful to them, because without that gentle nag I might have let this endeavor fade into the background.

It wasn’t a very eventful year for me, 2013, and many of the events that did occur did not appear in my blog.  I was still uncertain as to how to present myself online, how much to tell and how much to embellish it.  I was beginning to identify myself through my job as a server, and at the same time resisting being defined by that work.  More, I felt uninspired, like my life was devolving from the grand and magical adventure it had been at Hollins into something vaguely resembling adulthood. But I was growing stronger, strong enough to take on a role I wasn’t quite prepared for and to stand up for myself.  It was progress that would continue in the coming years, progress that would lead me to find magic in my life again, and more importantly, to make it for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment