Monday, November 28, 2016

Year the First

Year:
late 2011-2012

Most read posts: 

Policies/Current Events Addressed: 
Climate change (11/22/11, Save the Planet?)
Politics (12/17/11, For the People?; 11/8/12, Obligatory Election Post)
Autism (10/29/12, Doomed if You're Different)
Mental health and gun safety (12/17/12, It's Not the Gun, But the Hand on the Trigger)

Personal Events: 
College graduation May 20 2012 (Farewell Hollins Home)
New job October 17 2012 (Dream Job (?))
First NaNo November 2012 (Get to Work, Snowman Says)

My favorites: 
11/18/11 Acoustics 


This year’s collection (as there were only two months of blogging in 2011, I combined it with 2012) speaks of a young woman still involved with schoolwork and comic books.  I don’t disparage either of those things, of course; in fact I miss both of them.  That girl was moderately self-aware, though frequently a bit dramatic and prone to purple prose.  I also could make mistakes about myself, too; at one point I believed myself “cured” of anti-social tendencies, to which I’ve proven the lie in past years.  Many things, however, remained the same.  I still can’t cook, for example.  I still love to play with words.  I still keep my journals (currently I’m on volume 17).  I still have doubts about the value of my work and whether anyone will ever want to read it.  There are questions I still have not answered.  And I still look forward to the best in others and in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment